Lenten Journey 2019
- Lenten Journey 2019
Thank you for the interest you have shown in St. Francis Catholic Primary School. Since 1900 there has been a tradition of Catholic Education in Melton Mowbray when the Franciscan Minoresses came to the town and four Catholic children enrolled with them.
By 1903 the Sisters were in the position of being able to rent Tower House on Dalby Road, the present Convent. Under the leadership of Sister Clare Coyle, Bishop Ellis laid the foundation stone of the existing school building in February 1957.
In February 1958 the junior pupils transferred from their classrooms in the Convent to brand new classrooms in the present school.
We are proud of the school, its people (staff, governors and parents alike), its children, its place in the wider community and its academic achievements.
St Francis Catholic Primary School is in the parish of the Catholic parish of St John the Baptist in Melton Mowbray. Our parish priest is Rev. Monsignor Canon Thomas McGovern.
Address: 2 Burton Road, Melton Mowbray, LE13 1DJ
Tel: 01664 562274
Father Tom’s Private email: email@example.comOffice
telephone: 07572 410115.
Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
who can be contacted on 01664 562274.
Weekend Mass times are: St Francis Convent Chapel Saturday 6pm
St John's Sunday 9am
St Francis Convent Chapel Sunday 10.30am
Please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MeltonCatholics/
St John the Baptist - Thorpe End, Melton Mowbray - LE13 1RB
The church of St. John the Baptist is situated near to the centre of the town. This is the oldest of the three places of worship.
Convent Chapel - Dalby Road, Melton Mowbray, LE13 0BH
The Convent Chapel is on the south side of Melton Mowbray on Dalby Road.
The Vatican website can be found at: http://www.vatican.va/
The Nottingham Diocesan Website is worth a visit at: http://www.nottingham-diocese.org.uk/
Franciscan Sisters Minoress - To learn about the Sisters of our Parish please click on www.franciscansm.org
The foundation stone was laid in 1962 and the preparation and foundations enthusiastically undertaken by a group of parishioners prior to the main building work with completion in 1964. The organ was transferred from St. John the Baptist to St. Peter’s.In 2008 major alterations were undertaken due to the need for additional facilities and to develop the life of the community. A new Parish Centre was created and the church was extensively re-ordered while keeping much of its original character, in particular preserving the beautiful and unusual etched glass Stations of the Cross.
The Parish Centre continues was used not only for Parish functions but also by numerous local groups who enjoy the large hall and excellent catering facilities.